The tales, trials, and triumphs if a urban twenty-something.
Comments, feedback, and story-sharing are encouraged.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Sappy Girl

It's never been like this before.

I have never been like this before-loving and longing for your eyes, your arms, your touch; counting down the days until I can say something sassy and have that devilish, boyish grin is directed at me.

You exhaust me and yet, I am restless without you.

It was exactly as fast and slow and unexpected and familiar as all of the movies and books had said-I almost laughed at the cliche we had become. All at once you were there, saying everything I had ever wanted and needed to hear, and there I was saying it back, blurting things out before I could even think them through.

Love can be, has been, and will continue to be described in million of different ways, but what I've learned so far, is this:

 You don't have to think about it- it just is, and you just do. If you have to think about it, then you already have your answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment